Chiang Mai Computer Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nexus 7 2013 Bricked

2 posters

Go down

Nexus 7 2013 Bricked Empty Nexus 7 2013 Bricked

Post by Stefan-UK Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:24 pm

This happened to quite a few people: During an upgrade to Android M 6 my Nexus 7 never came back to life, gets stuck at the Google logo. Major FAIL. Maybe I find a way to hack it with a new OS.

My LINE link to our Geeks group was on there, so I lost contact as LINE is attached to one device. FAIL.

I'm now exploring alternative OS for all my Androids, like CyanogenMod or Replicant.

Beware of updates!
Stefan

Stefan-UK

Back to top Go down

Nexus 7 2013 Bricked Empty Re: Nexus 7 2013 Bricked

Post by bdahm Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:47 pm

Talk about major bummer. This one is near the top of the charts when it comes to tales of woe and intrigue. 

Is your Line access on your PC also tied to that device? I don't know that that is the case on the app I'm running on my Mac.

-Bill

bdahm
Admin

http://www.tinyurl.com/thaijournal

Back to top Go down

Post by bdahm Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:53 pm

Also I would think that if you got another device, you could quickly re-establish your identity on Line. A neighbor of ours did just that. One day she showed up in Line with a different profile photo. I asked her what was going on and she said he old smartphone died and so she got a new one. She told me to just ignore the old profile, hide it, and use the new one. Once you re-establish yourself, I can send you the QR code for the CMGeeks - Tech group.

-Bill

bdahm
Admin

http://www.tinyurl.com/thaijournal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down